The 2017 edition of Ottawa Comiccon is coming up fast. The event takes place May 12-14 at the EY Centre on 4889 Uplands Drive Ottawa, Canada. The event grows in popularity year-after-year. If this year’s special guest list is any indication, Ottawa Comiccon’s reputation as a premier event is reaching far beyond city limits.
Here are 8 things you need to know about this year’s show:
- It’s not polite to mock, taunt, or be a jerk to cosplayers. Comiccons are fun events and a chance for self-expression. Be nice.
- Seasoned Comiccon attendees will appreciate seeing Adam West (Batman), George A. Romero (Night of the Living Dead), John Barrowman (Torchwood), Peter Capaldi (Doctor Who), and Brent Spiner (Star Trek).
- Comiccon newbies will be interested in knowing that Robin Lord Taylor (Gotham), Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter), Bob Morley (The 100), and Madelaine Petsch (Riverdale) will be at the event.
- Beyond celebrity sightings, the event offers an exhibition hall where visitors can find writers, publishers, illustrators, and retailers, all bringing merchandise to sell. If you’re a collector, this is your happy place.
- There are a number of special-interest events, including autograph signings, celebrity Q&As, panel discussions, and more. Check out the schedule and plan your time accordingly.
- Don’t let rumours of parking-lot purgatory deter you from the event. Yes, the parking lot fills quickly but there is parking in surrounding areas. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes because you may do a little walking.
- Bring your own snack. You don’t want to waste time in line for food and you don’t want to get hangry during your visit.
- A variety of ticket packages are available, ranging from single day tickets to student, and family packages.
Check out the website for the most up-to-date schedule. Enjoy!!
Plan your next vacation to include a visit to a play-related store, museum, or private collection.