Write for Us
Toy Tales will consider stories from freelance writers who have an interest in contributing to the website. Please keep these guidelines in mind when submitting your work to us.
Toy Tales is focused on content about the toys, games, and objects that captured our attention as children and continue to fascinate us today. Within this focus area, you may propose unique and engaging content that will amuse, entertain, and educate our readers.
Please note these policies:
- Toy Tales publishes original content only. Do not submit content that has appeared (or will appear) elsewhere.
- Your story should fall into one of our established content categories:
- Vintage Games
- Read, Watch, Listen
- Places to Visit
- Pop Culture Nod of the Week
- Vintage Ads
- Vintage Toys
- Your story must match the positive, up-beat, informative tone of the content currently published on Toy Tales.
- Articles that promote the writer or a commercial venture of the writer are not permitted.
- Toy Tales reserves the right to edit content for brevity, clarity, or other reasons determined by our editors.
- Toy Tales pays a nominal fee for original content. This can be discussed in detail once we have accepted your story idea.
- Toy Tales retains the rights to text and images of all posts published on toytales.ca.
First, please send us a brief summary of your proposed content – a few sentences will do.
If we give you the green light to proceed, please follow these guidelines:
- Be creative! Stories should convey your unique voice.
- Content must be between 250 and 500 words.
- Include no more than two website links within your post.
- Do your research, write accurately, and provide references when helpful.
- When referencing research, work a casual citation into your article, As a non-academic site, Toy Tales does not use footnotes or bibliographies.
- Toy Tales will provide the graphic elements required for guest posts. You may include suggestions.
How to Pitch
To pitch your story idea, email email@example.com. Introduce yourself and tell us about your idea.