8 things we wanted to share this week:
- This video explains the engineering behind the Drinking Bird toy.
- Board game cheaters rejoice: Monopoly has made a version of the classic game just for you.
- Necessity is the mother of invention: read about the origins of the bendy straw.
- Your blurry pic of the Chupacabra could translate into cash from Capcom.
- Here’s a fascinating infographic highlighting what LEGO was doing the decade you were born.
- Vinyl-playing jukeboxes are making a comeback. Nuff said.
- We have a new game show to look forward to: the Atari renaissance continues with a Pong television game show.
- Let’s hope the new theme song is as catchy as the original: a female-fronted The Greatest American Hero pilot has been ordered at ABC.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.