8 things we wanted to share this week:
- A look at the growing popularity of Bootleg Toys – action figures built with spare parts and silicone molds.
- Sausage-scented wrapping paper exists thanks to Jimmy Dean.
- Toys R Us Canada aims to prove the market doesn’t need 40,000-square foot stores to draw crowds.
- General Mills is looking for creative partners to help develop a cereal monster universe.
- A Harry Potter version of ‘Pokémon GO’ is on the horizon.
- How the Great Depression became the golden age for the game of Monopoly.
- Jell-O has launched a line of Instagram-friendly edible slime.
- The Library of Congress has released a newly restored version of the first film version of Frankenstein.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.