8 things we wanted to share this week:
- Hello Kitty continues to stay on-trend as her 42nd birthday approaches.
- Everything ’80s is coming back, even patterns for knitted sweaters.
- The world record for solving a Rubik’s Cube is now 4.74 seconds. I guess I’d better practice a little more.
- Play-Doh Touch now lets you scan your creation into their app so you can add it to a virtual gaming world.
- Speaking of Play-Doh, here’s a well-written look back at the history of everyone’s favorite modeling compound.
- Now you can design your floor plans to match those of some of your favorite television shows.
- The upcoming Willy Wonka movie might be an origin story. I wonder what Roald Dahl would think?
- Good Morning, Angels! Enjoy this 1970s commercial for Charlies Angels Dolls & Adventure toys from Hasbro.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.