8 things we wanted to share this week:
- You can now smell like the Caped Crusader because Batman Body-Spray is a thing.
- Waffle House has its own music label, yet another reason to visit at 3AM.
- If you like old school jazz, over 1,000 hours of early recordings have been posted online.
- Selfie alert! Transformers’ Optimus Prime is now on Snapchat.
- Hasbro recently filed a patent for an iPhone scanner that turns toys into 3D printable avatars.
- The next time you need to fight off a pack of wild orcs, break out your DIY mini wooden crossbow.
- Check out ‘Who’s Out There’, a 1975 documentary about aliens from NASA hosted by Orson Welles.
- “It’s like taking your bed to bed with you.” The groovy origins of the waterbed.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.