8 things we wanted to share this week:
- Sugar, spice, and everything nice: a brief history of The Powerpuff Girls as told by creator Craig McCracken.
- Mark your calendars! The Toys That Made Us returns to Netflix on May 25th.
- The Peabody Award of Jurors recently honoured The Fred Rogers Company with an Institutional Award for carrying on the legacy of its founder.
- The new documentary ‘Tiny Shoulders: Rethinking Barbie’ ponders the history and fate of the contentious toy doll.
- Hasbro has upped its commitment to the environment with a new toy recycling program.
- Wall Street’s latest secretive trend? Board Game nights!
- See how dolls were made at a Mattel factory in the UK in 1968 in this slightly odd video.
- Planet of the Apes tiki mugs you say? Why not!
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.