8 things we wanted to share this week:
- Hasbro has revealed plans to expand the Play-Doh brand beyond its classic dough with slime and compounds.
- A biopic based on Barbie creator Ruth Handler is in development.
- Warner Brothers is teaming up with Funko for a movie based on the company’s collectible figures.
- A look back at the time Spock was on The Carol Burnett Show.
- Kid Number One, a new book about Hasbro and CEO Alan Hassenfeld, is due out this month.
- Here are 14 reasons to play at every age.
- NBC Universal has announced a Saved By the Bell reboot.
- Timberland is releasing a Spongebob line of boots.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.