8 things we wanted to share this week:
- A former chief designer from Palitoy gives credence to the rumour that there is a landfill full of Star Wars toys in the UK.
- Mattel has decided to forgo tech-infused Barbie merchandise.
- Classic horror magazine Fangoria is set to return as a print quarterly.
- The original Stargate movie from 1994 is now available on YouTube.
- In a surprising shakeup, Bandai lost the rights to Power Rangers toys to Hasbro.
- Have we reached peak cryptocurrency? Atari has created a new cryptocurrency called AtariToken.
- How the sound effects on 1930s radio shows were made: an inside look.
- Hasbro’s new crowdfunding platform HasLab gives fans a chance to create toys for the brand.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.