8 things we wanted to share this week:
- PlayDate Digital has released an app-based version of Operation: Hasbro’s classic board game.
- The first-ever Cartoon Network Hotel is set to open in June 2020 in Pennsylvania.
- Crayola has a new approach to selling crayons.
- Toys “R” Us has opened a new store in New Jersey.
- A new Galaxy Quest documentary Never Surrender is a love letter to the 1999 sci-fi classic.
- Here’s a definitive countdown of the ’80s greatest video games.
- The US Mint has commemorated the moon landing with a set of limited edition coins.
- Winning Moves Games has released a throwback edition of Scattergories.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.