8 things we wanted to share this week:
- Mattel has launched a new gender-inclusive doll line inviting all kids to play.
- Actor John Goodman is starring in the Lets Be Kids campaign for Fisher-Price.
- When you can’t afford to pay the licensing fee, you have to get creative. Here’s a gallery of knock-off Halloween costumes.
- A profile of two Oz-obsessed midwesterners who made Judy Garland’s birthplace a museum.
- The enduring legacy of children’s television show Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood is the focal point of a new book from Penguin Random House.
- Watch: a gorgeously illustrated history of chess.
- Here’s a look at the groovy history of Lava lamps.
- A global study has put the LEGO Group in first place on corporate responsibility.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.