8 things we wanted to share this week:
- Here’s a look at the rise and fall of Matt Mason, the Mattel toy that brought space to life for boomer kids and then disappeared.
- Oh, nothing to see here – Just an old Pizza Hut commercial produced for Klingons.
- Nintendo has revealed the Switch Lite, a smaller and cheaper version of its popular console.
- Have we reached peak Bluetooth? The world’s first Bluetooth 5.0 cassette player, IT’S OK, has hit the market.
- Microsoft has released a retro Windows 1.0 app as a Stranger Things tie-in.
- Sesame Street is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a new DVD box set and digital collection.
- The Canadian city of Ottawa joins the list of localized editions of the Monopoly board game.
- LEGO and NASA have partnered for Moon to Mars!, an exploration of spacecraft designs.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.