8 things we wanted to share this week:
- The concept of the video game Easter Egg started out as an act of rebellion by an Atari game designer.
- You can now buy a jacket made out of those pesky Star Trek Tribbles.
- Here’s a clip from Empire Strikes Back where Chewbacca speaks English. It’s a little surreal.
- Speaking of that galaxy far, far away, check out this rare footage of Kenner and Palitoy workers assembling original Star Wars toys.
- The director of Downton Abbey and Broadchurch is set to helm a J.R.R. Tolkien biopic.
- The new book ‘Art of Atari’ published by Dynamite Comics shines the light on the gaming system’s iconic artwork.
- This 1950s Mattel documentary shows how toys were made and how far we’ve moved away from those practices.
- Someone has posted a list of the most valuable comic books from each age (Silver, Bronze, Copper, and Modern.)
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.