8 things we wanted to share this week:
- Art-o-Mat is converting vintage cigarette machines into art dispensers. Is there a machine near you?
- Here’s a fascinating short documentary about how LEGO is made accessible to the visually impaired.
- Before you break out your Ouija board for Halloween, you can learn about the history of these talking boards.
- The New York Times ponders if it is time for Wonder Woman to “hang up her bathing suit.”
- Cartoonist Box Brown has a new graphic novel that recounts the story behind the addictive video game Tetris.
- The history of Soviet-made arcade games is fascinating. And they had a game called Pull The Turnip!
- There’s another Willy Wonka movie in the works. Gene Wilder will be a tough act to follow.
- You can help the Smithsonian preserve Dorothy’s ruby slippers through their Kickstarter campaign.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.