8 things we wanted to share this week:
- The entire 96-episode run of Fraggle Rock is returning to HBO, digitally restored and in HD.
- The classic board game Clue is getting a dramatic theatrical interpretation.
- He was once a little green ball of clay! 60+ years of Gumby memories are being collected in a new retrospective on the character and its creator.
- With Stranger Things bringing back the ’80s vibe, here are some ’80s-inspired Halloween costumes that are sure to be popular this year.
- I’m holding out for the transporter: Lockheed Martin has developed Star Trek’s phaser technology.
- You can experience a bit of spiromania by building your own LEGO drawing machine.
- Modern Family’s Eric Stonestreet has been tapped to host a toy-focused reality competition series set to air later this year on ABC.
- LEGO is releasing a fan-designed Yellow Submarine set, complete with Minifig versions of Ringo, Paul, John, and George.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.