Link Roundup: Toy Hall of Fame Finalists Edition
8 things we wanted to share this week:
- The Strong’s National Toy Hall of Fame 2016 finalists were announced and include bubble wrap, Transformers, and Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots.
- Here’s an interview with Hasbro’s Bryan Benedict who spent ten years designing real cars before shifting gears to designing Hot Wheels.
- Set phasers on splashy! There are two George Takei-hosted Star Trek cruises setting sail in 2018.
- Braconid: The 176-point word that clinched the 2016 World Scrabble Championship.
- You can say “Oui” to this Star Wars-inspired cafe in Paris.
- Released this October, The Walt Disney Film Archives: The Animated Movies 1921–1968 book will contain over 1,500 unseen illustrations and essays from the golden age of Disney.
- There’s going to be a reunion of the cast of the horror movie Carrie, complete with a ’70s-inspired prom.
- It all began in 1900 – a look at the evolution of stop-motion animation.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.