8 things we wanted to share this week:
- Before closing its doors for good, this 1940 story from Fortune magazine details the rise to prominence of iconic toy store FAO Schwarz.
- In honor of EBay’s recent 20th anniversary, here are 20 of the weirdest things ever sold including William Shatner’s kidney stone!
- Return of Rugrats? Looks like there may a retro ’90s revival on tap at Nickelodeon.
- Washington, D.C. public schools are teaching second graders how to ride a bike as part of Phys. Ed. classes.
- At your next cocktail party, feel free to discuss the social history of Jell-O salad.
- Denmark’s first astronaut was accompanied by LEGO toys on his mission to the International Space Station.
- Break out your vinyl LPs and go see All Things Must Pass, a documentary about the rise and fall of Tower records.
- Here’s an interesting profile of the Museum of Soviet Arcade Games in St. Petersburg.