8 things we wanted to share this week:
- Koji Kondo’s Super Mario Bros. Soundtrack, a new book from author Andrew Schartmann looks at how video game soundtracks changed pop music.
- Caviar-coated Twinkies are now a thing and will set you back $125.
- Someone has amassed a vast collection of “Soviet chic” German dollhouses for your viewing pleasure.
- The Toys “R” Us store in Times Square is being replaced with a Gap.
- Here’s a round-up of old-school fast food toys that ACTUALLY look like fast food.
- Check out these kid-related IKEA hacks that all parents need.
- This 1957 corporate strategy chart from Walt Disney is all about brands and franchises.
- Looking for design inspiration? Take a gander at this online collection of vintage airline posters.