8 things we wanted to share this week:
- Anyone interested in a spirited game of puff billiards? Just one of 4 forgotten fads of the past.
- Looking for summer reading? Check out Word Nerd: Dispatches from the Games, Grammar, and Geek Underground from the former executive director of the National Scrabble Association.
- LEGO has launched their “Are You a Lego Maker?” Prototyping Challenge for kids ages 13 years and older.
- Hot Wheels has unveiled a Tesla Model S for $1.00 — a price anyone can afford!
- A look at how the late inventor of Playmobil changed the toy industry.
- The University of Iowa has received an 18,000 volume science fiction library from a single person.
- Travel back in time with these vintage posters of Disneyland attractions.
- It may be time to replace your doormat with something a bit more geeky.