8 things we wanted to share this week:
- The end of an era! Cracker Jack is replacing iconic toy prizes inside with modern digital codes.
- The world’s first Snoopy Museum recently opened in Tokyo.
- A look at how vending machines detect fake coins.
- Throughout May, Canada Post is unveiling Star Trek postage stamps at secret locations across Canada.
- A look back at the “satanic panic” of Dungeons & Dragons in the 1970s and 1980s.
- This week marks Archie’s 75th anniversary and he’s celebrating with a 1,000-page bash.
- Original Nintendo consoles are being reborn as custom guitars.
- An ongoing legal battle over the Sea-Monkey fortune is taking place between actress Yolanda von Braunhut and toy company Big Time Toys.
Peruse a weekly summary of intriguing articles related to toys, games, and nostalgia that have hit the news this week.