Ottawa Comiccon 2016 is just around the corner (May 13-15, 2016 at the EY Centre on 4889 Uplands Dr. in Ottawa, Canada). The event offers a range of activities, special guests, artists, and exhibitors.
Here are 8 things you need to know about this year’s show:
- This is the show’s fifth year in Ottawa.
- Attendance has risen steadily each year and more than 40,000 fans attended in 2015.
- One-day tickets range from ~$30-$55 depending whether you buy online or at the door. One-day passes for children ages 6 to 12 are $5 online (+ taxes & service fee) and $10 at the door (taxes included).
- Cameras and recording devices are allowed, although there may be restrictions on their use during celebrity panels and other events.
- The large exhibition hall features a variety of dealers selling a wide range of pop culture collectibles, including comic books, video games, and movies.
- “The Masquerade” is an amateur costume competition held on the Saturday evening, showcasing the best in costuming and Cosplay that Ottawa has to offer. No pre-purchased or rented costumes allowed!
- This year’s guests include British actress Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who / Legends of Tomorrow), Caity Lotz (Arrow / Legends of Tomorrow), ELiza Dushku (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk), Manu Bennett (Spartacus), Ming-Na Wen (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings), Tom Payne (The Walking Dead), and Will Friedle (Batman Beyond).
- Planned activities include Celebrity Q&As, photo ops, autograph sessions, panel discussions, and workshops.
Check out the website for the most up-to-date schedule. See you there?
Plan your next vacation to include a visit to a play-related store, museum, or private collection.