Ottawa Comiccon 2015 is just around the corner (May 8-10, 2015 at the EY Centre on 4889 Uplands Dr. in Ottawa, Canada). The event offers a range of activities, special guests, artists, and exhibitors.
Here are 8 things you need to know about this year’s show:
- The show is now in its fourth year in Ottawa.
- The fan base continues to grow. Attendance has risen steadily each year: over 42,000 fans are expected to attend in 2015.
- Single-day tickets for the weekend range from $20-$40 online and $33-$55 at the door. One-day passes for children ages 6 to 12 are $5.
- Cameras and recording devices are allowed, although there may be restrictions on their use during celebrity panels and other events.
- A large exhibition hall offers access to a variety of dealers selling a wide-range of pop culture collectibles, including comic books, video games and movies.
- The show features an amateur costume competition on Saturday evening called “The Masquerade” – showcasing the best in costuming and Cosplay that Ottawa has to offer. No pre-purchased or rented costumes allowed!
- Guests this year include British actress Billie Piper (Doctor Who), Robbie Amell (The Flash), Wil Wheaton, Jonathan Frakes, and Marina Sirtis (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Billy Boyd (Lord of the Rings), Sean Maher (Firefly), Walter Koenig and Nichelle Nichols (Star Trek: TOS), Richard Dean Anderson (Stargate SG-1), Peter Mayhew (Star Wars), and Lance Henriksen (Alien).
- Planned activities include Celebrity Q&As, photo ops, autograph sessions, panel discussions, and workshops. Check out the website for the most up-to-date schedule.
The event looks like it’s going to be another success for the organizers. I hope to see you there!
Plan your next vacation to include a visit to a play-related store, museum, or private collection.